Monday 25 August 2014

Harvest Mice

Once again I was very fortunate to be invited down to visit a photographer who has been involved with his own breeding programme and the re-introduction of the Harvest Mouse.

The UK's smallest mammal and which has a decent stronghold here in North East Derbyshire, one site in particular comes under the management of the Countryside Service based out of Clay Cross.

Very difficult, if not nigh impossible to photograph in the wild I took up this opportunity to photograph some of the 60 plus mice that were available to me on the day I went down. Now I must emphasise that the mice are not just used for photography purposes but are in-fact taken to suitable habitats and released in the hope of establishing further populations.







No comments:

Post a Comment