Wednesday 7 May 2014

Slow Worm

It has been a long time coming but when I received a text accompanied with a photograph of Slow Worms mating I just had to visit this friends garden.

It has been one of those things that I keep meaning to do and so here I was stood in this wonderful garden managed for one thing; the local wildlife and especially Slow Worms.

The very nice couple who manage their garden had made several 'worm hotels' and this is were we saw 5 individuals and 1 youngster, I was told that the numbers can be higher and can be found almost anywhere in the garden.





This picture however was taken on their front doorstep feet away from a busy main road!!

There will be more to come I just have to go back and make sure I don't mess up with the camera again!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment