Monday 21 April 2014

Common Lizards II

I think all photographers have one pet hate; the weather! It was misty and horrible but I went with a gut feeling and headed onto the moors. And within an hour the sun was starting to break through, although there was a strong cool breeze I went on the lookout for more Common Lizards. It was not long before I found 3 of last years young this later turned out to be 5 all within a small area of the stone wall.

I was lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time to witness one of these Lizards strike out at an insect and eat it, to be honest I saw this happen twice, but the first time was very close and I was shooting with a very shallow depth of field and I only had the insect in focus.


Here is a sequence of shots taken as the Lizard eats its prey!




Just minding his own business



 Then without warning and lighting fast he strikes

 Without any hesitation it has gone

Yummy


And again !!


All over in a matter of seconds

No comments:

Post a Comment